Don’t you want your kitchen to look like a luxury kitchen? The reality – you can achieve this for a fraction of the price. A luxurious home environment can be yours with these helpful tips.
1. Replace granite countertops with granite top overlays.
Several companies manufacture a polymer/granite “shell” that fits directly on your current countertop. The result? A countertop that looks like you spent thousands, for half the price of granite.
2. Instead of marble floors, use ceramic tiles.
Different types of man-made tiles imitate the appearance of marble and can save you money.
3. Replace hardwood floors with high-end varieties of laminate wood.
Hardwood is expensive and requires a lot of maintenance. High-end laminate flooring looks like real hardwood and is available in hundreds of choices. It can also get wet and will not scratch like hardwood floors.
4. Replace granite sinks with stainless steel sinks mounted in a deep bowl.
Sinks can be expensive, especially when using granite or other solid surface material. Use a deeper bowl, a stainless steel sink with two or three compartments. This will keep the elegance you desire without the high price.
5. Instead of custom faucets and fixtures, use “ready-made” varieties.
Many luxury kitchens have high-end custom fixtures. Today, home improvement stores offer the same look, but by common manufacturers. Delta, Moen, American Standard are just a few that will save you money, without anyone knowing it.
6. When renovating a kitchen, remodel the wooden cabinets instead of starting new ones.
This process involves preserving the original cabinet, but with a laminated finish on the old one. The fronts of the cabinets and drawers are new. With the new door pull hardware added, the final look is that of high-end cabinets that won’t hurt your wallet.
7. Instead of expensive and stylish metal cabinets, use self-assembly cabinet manufacturers.
Instead of spending thousands of dollars on stylish and modern wardrobes, visit a store like IKEA. They have dozens of choices for cabinets that you can assemble yourself. If you need help, they have help that you can buy separately.
8. Replace stainless steel appliances with stainless steel appliances.
Appliance manufacturers now offer stainless steel appliances. These devices do not give the fingerprints that stainless steel gives, and the appearance is always modern and luxurious.
9. Instead of crystal and expensive fixtures, choose “ready-made” fixtures.
Pendant, recessed and under-counter light fixtures can be expensive. Use varieties that are readily available at your favorite lighting or home improvement store.
10. Instead of granite and mosaic backsplashes, consider using glass and ceramic tiles.
Mosaic tiles and granite can be expensive and laborious to install. With the wide variety of tiles, the options are limitless. You can make a high-end backsplash, to complete your luxury kitchen without the cost!